Marriage Preparation Ministry:
Assist in developing and coordinating elements of a comprehensive marriage preparation programs in parishes in the diocese including classes, small groups, retreats, NFP instruction and administrative tasks. Help parishes to identify, recruit and train a team of mentor couples and help them to develop their ministry into their parish.
Coordinates regular marriage enrichment opportunities to gather and disciple married couples. Develop and coordinate major marriage enrichment events and retreats. Develop and promote a family friendly culture within the diocese through programs and events designed to foster community life. Advocate and support the role of the family and invite all individuals to participate in the family of the Church. Develop and provide information for nursery ministries to facilitate young families’ ability to participate in parish ministries and events.
Collaborate with other diocesan departments to develop and provide comprehensive evangelization initiatives. Support major programs run by other department team members.
Coordinate social media and webpage material related to ministry. Submit annual budget and maintain budget throughout year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be a committed and practicing Catholic.
• Must accept all the teachings of the Catholic Church, especially pertaining to marriage and sexuality.
• Must be committed to ongoing personal growth as a disciple and ongoing professional development.
• Must have strong discernment skills
• Ideal Team Player: Humble, Hungry and Smart
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
• Social media savvy preferred
• Position requires comprehensive analytical skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with staff members, clergy, parishes as well as other organizations.
• Self-motivated, prompt in performing tasks and capable of working independently and able to time manage and prioritize work duties.
• Confidential information, whether oral, written, or electronic should be maintained in a manner that ensures its confidentiality.
For more information and to apply, please click here.