We are currently seeking a full-time Campus Minister to serve the Brown University & RISD campuses. This individual will work in collaboration with the Catholic Chaplain for the overall coordination and facilitation of campus ministry efforts on the campus.
Essential duties include:
● Community-building & student programming
○ Being present, active, and engaged with the community at large, making newcomers feel welcome and bringing students together
○ Being available regularly to all students for pastoral counseling
○ Planning and coordinating all aspects of student programming, including weekly dinners/talks, fellowship events, Holy Week liturgies, opportunities for vocational
awareness/discernment, service projects, service trips, and retreats
○ Participating in teaching RCIA and in other faith formation initiatives
○ Engaging with the Brown community at large and participating in interfaith initiatives as a part of Brown’s Office of Chaplains & Religious Life
○ Guiding and collaborating with the four FOCUS missionaries on campus
● Student leadership formation
○ Aiding in the ongoing formation of student leaders through retreats and one-on-one meetings
○ Empowering students to develop, implement, and evaluate their own programming
● Fundraising, development & alumni outreach
○ Attending and contributing to meetings of the board of trustees, the Thomas Becket Foundation
○ In collaboration with the Executive Assistant and Chaplain, writing reflections for newsletters, emails, and other digital communications
Schedule: This is a full-time, in-person, 40 hours/week position, and includes some evenings and weekends, including every Sunday.
The ideal candidate will:
● Hold a masters degree in theology or ministry (MDiv, MTS, M.A., or equivalent) and/or possesses 2-5 years of experience working in a ministry-related field
● Possess excellent time management and organizational skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
● Have awareness of how a robust campus ministry operates and think creatively about how to reach more students on campus with the truths of the Catholic faith
● Be familiar with the spiritual and developmental needs of young adults
● Have an outgoing and approachable personality that is relatable to the young adult college community
● Exhibit a dedication to the mission of the Church, be able to defend the teachings of the Church, and be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church
The Brown-RISD Catholic Community is a ministry of the Diocese of Providence, served by the Dominican Friars of the Province of St. Joseph, and supported by the Thomas Becket
Foundation. It is an ethnically diverse community serving the students at both Brown University and the Rhode Island School of Design. The Campus Minister will work both out of the Catholic Center and out of the Office of Chaplains & Religious Life.
Apply by: April 1, 2024
Start date: August 1, 2024 (earlier if necessary)
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].