The March for Life Education and Defense Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization coordinating the world’s largest annual pro-life event and civil protest. Through the annual March in Washington, DC, marches in state capitals across the country, and through being the collective voice of Pro-Life marchers, on Capitol Hill, in the Media, and on social media every day of the year, the organization is uniquely positioned to build a culture of life. The organization is currently seeking to hire a Staff Assistant who will be assigned to work with the Executive Team and Events Team. This full-time in-person position includes benefits and will report to the Director of Operations.
As Staff Assistant, you will work alongside the March for Life Executives, namely, the President and Executive Director, to deliver efficient secretarial and administrative support, ensuring that the March for Life’s goals and objectives are met. Your primary responsibilities are to manage the Executive schedules, assist them as needed with administrative tasks, and assist in event management.
Executive Assistant Duties
- Coordinate and manage some scheduling/communications and small project management for March for Life President and Executive Director, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, speaking arrangements, and other logistics.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Executive Team by taking calls and emails and managing internal and external requests.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned, including supporting other departments or Executives as required.
- Act in a supporting role for Events, Communication and Operations throughout the year on various projects.
Events Management Assistance Duties
- Communicate with event attendees by responding to questions and providing general information via email and telephone.
- Monitor and track sponsorship benefits, follow up with sponsors to ensure receipt of assets, adhering to tight deadlines.
- Assist with March for Life National Expo logistics, including working with expo floorplans and responding to vendor requests and questions.
- Assist with audiovisual production and run of show for events and livestreams.
- Assist with talent and speakers as necessary around the National March for Life.
- Assist with post-event recaps and prepare acknowledgment letters for sponsors, advertisers, speakers, and vendors after the March for Life.
- Actively use internal systems to manage projects and produce real time event registration reports.
- Manage small virtual and in-person events for March for Life Education and Defense Fund and March for Life Action, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating invites and logistics for speakers and special guests.
- Creating and sustaining event registration pages or alternate modes of event registration.
- Preparing and sending invitations including drafting invitation letters, list of invitees, etc.
- Managing event attendees in Salesforce from start to finish for data integrity and reporting on demand.
- Managing all event payments and donations and following up on any unpaid invoices.
- Providing reports on all aspects of the event, including donations, payments, and registrants to key stakeholders.
- Acknowledge event attendees, speakers, and special guests after the event.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of administrative and/or events management experience in supporting a senior executive or team preferred.
- General affinity for and experience with administrative duties.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Have a proactive personality with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management technology.
- Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred.
- Accurate, precise, and orderly data management skills. Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Passion for building a culture of life.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for (2) references to [email protected] by October 20, 2023.