Divine Mercy Family of Parishes is a new grouping of 3 parishes within the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, and is seeking a qualified applicant for the position of Marriage and Family Evangelization Coordinator. This position serves at all three campuses of the Family of Parishes (all within 15 minutes or less from each other). The ideal candidate is a faithful Catholic who is excited about the opportunity to think outside the box to create new ways to accompany and evangelize engaged and married couples. This position is flexible to be part time or full time based upon the need of the candidate.
Primary Responsibilities include:
1. Articulate and implement the Archdiocesan Guidelines-Norms for the Marriage Catechumenate: the process of evangelization and discipleship of engaged and newlywed couples in their first five years of marriage
2. Attend Archdiocesan training/formation in the Marriage Catechumenate and continue to communicate with staff from the AOC Marriage & Family Evangelization team
3. Welcomes and meets with engaged couples to provide them with catechesis of the Catholic Faith and the Sacrament of Marriage
4. Recruit, form, and accompany mentor couples, who will accompany engaged and newlywed couples in the Marriage Catechumenate
5. Assist with the coordination and planning of the Wedding Liturgy, including rehearsal and ceremony
6. Promote remote preparation for the sacrament of marriage and collaborate in initiatives when needed (retreats, formation for parish catechists, workshops, etc.)
7. Recruit, form, and lead a team of volunteers to facilitate Baptism workshops every other month
8. In collaboration with the Evangelization Team, plan and annual calendar of programming and formational opportunities
9. Other duties as assigned by the Pastor or Director of Evangelization
1. Practicing Catholic who is faithful to the teachings of the Church, their daily prayer, and sacramental life.
2. A bachelor’s degree in Theology and/or Catechetics is preferred, but associated fields are acceptable.
3. Must have a broad understanding of and ability to articulate the Catholic Faith, especially the Church’s teaching on the Sacrament of Marriage and Catholic sexual morality
4. Must have knowledge of Natural Family Planning (NFP) and the virtue of chastity as it relates to marriage, highly recommended to be a certified NFP instructor
5. The ideal candidate would already be familiar with the Catechumenal Pathways for Married Life from the Dicastery of Laity, Family and Life
6. 5+ years of faith formation experience and experience with either Fully Engaged or Witness to Love is preferred.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Michael Bissonnette: [email protected].