As Director of Government Affairs, you will bring the collective voice of pro-life America represented by those who participate in the March for Life to Capitol Hill throughout the year, and state capitols across the country. You will be actively involved in the advocacy efforts of March for Life Action, our 501(c)(4) partner. You will collaborate on how best to mobilize the pro-life grassroots to take action in the fight for the protection of the unborn, by offering educational events, by working closely with the State March staff and communications staff, actively engaging in advocacy on Capitol Hill, and by using the March for Life Action (MFLA) advocacy system to contact elected representatives at the state and federal levels. The Director of Government Affairs will also work closely with the March for Life’s public relations firm and will serve as an advisor to the Vice President of Government Affairs.
- Advance the mission of the March for Life in Government Affairs by bringing the collective voice of the marchers to Capitol Hill.
- Serve as a March for Life government relations professional and representative.
- Possess and cultivate trusting and enduring relationships with elected officials and their staff, political appointees, senior civil servants, other pro-life organizations, and key individuals in relevant private sector organizations.
- Offer pro-life briefings to members and their communications staff as needed.
- Assist in the development and execution of March for Life’s advocacy priorities for the protection of the unborn.
- Assist and overseeing and developing state legislative advocacy priorities for the protection of the unborn, including advancing pro-life legislation, combatting ballot initiatives, etc.
- Provide direction, copywriting, and input to communications staff on issues relating to legislation including alerts, correspondence, and digital media.
- Serve as legislative advisor to the Vice President of Government Affairs, including providing regular updates, research, and reports.
- Assist in the strategic growth of state march program by advising State March staff of legislative issues and priorities in key states.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Marching 101: Pro-Life Advocacy events for the National March for Life and State Marches and other educational events.
- Advance the mission of March for Life Action, including but not limited to:
- Assisting in the creation and implementation of pro-life advocacy strategies and campaigns, including meetings with members of Congress, their staff, grassroots engagement, etc.
- Assisting the Vice President of Government Affairs with updates and communications for the Board of Directors by providing timely, accurate quarterly reports, and responding to the Board’s questions.
- Assist Director of Development, Vice President of Government Affairs, and our communications staff with fundraising email campaigns and other revenues necessary to support mission of MFLA.
- Highly organized with impeccable follow-up
- Strong interpersonal management and event management skills
- Excellent diplomacy and writing skills with the ability to hold ground in difficult conversations
- Ability to effectively operate in dynamic external and organizational environments.
- Legislative experience required – understanding of federal pro-life legislation preferred
- Campaign experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience
- Passion for building a culture of life within a small, collaborative pro-life organization
Please send cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for two references by January 5, 2024 to [email protected].