Recent Faculty Publications
“The Scriptural Foundations for Humanae Vitae” in Humanae Vitae: 50 Years of Prophetic Witness, ed. Janet Smith (Ignatius Press, 2018).
“Let Man Not Separate” in Inseparable: Five Perspectives on Sex, Life, and Love in Defense of Humanae Vitae (Catholic Answers Press, 2018).
- “The Universal Call to Holiness and the Family.” Josephinum Journal of Theology (May 2018, No. 24) 1-20.
- Biblical and Theological Foundations of the Family: The Domestic Church. (CUA Press, 2014).
David S. Crawford
- “Discerning the Signs of Our Times: Gaudium et Spes, Contraception, and Some Cultural Implications for Marriage and the Family as Natural Communities” in Enlightening the Mystery of Man: Gaudium et Spes Fifty Years Later, edited by Antonio Lopez. (Humanum Academic Press, 2018).
- "Family Roles and Education in Love Today." Anthropotes 34/1&2 (2018): 547-566.
- “Public Reason and the Anthropology of Orientation: How the Debate over ‘Gay Marriage’ Has Been Shaped by Some Ubiquitous but Unexamined Presuppositions.” Communio: International Catholic Review 43 (Summer 2016): 247-73.
- "Gay Marriage, Public Reason, and the Common Good." Communio: International Catholic Review 41 (Summer 2014): 380-437.
- "Technocracy and the Body." Humanum: Issues in Family Culture and Science Issue 4 (2018)
- “A False Paradigm: Against the De-Hellenization of Christianity." First Things (November 2018).
- “The Whole World Groans.” First Things Web Exclusives (October 2018).
- No God, No Science: Creation, Cosmology, Biology (Blackwell, April 2013).
Nicholas J. Healy
- Ressourcement after Vatican II: Essays in Honor of Joseph Fessio SJ. Edited by Nicholas J. Healy, Jr. and Matthew Levering (Ignatius Press, 2019).
- “The Indissoluble Nexus of Nature, Body, and Person: Fifty Years after Humanae Vitae.” Communio: International Catholic Review 44 (2018).
- “Henri de Lubac and the Development of Doctrine.” Communio: International Catholic Review 44 (2017): 667-89.
- Freedom, Truth, and Human Dignity: The Declaration on Religious Freedom with David L. Schindler (Eerdmans, 2015).
Antonio Lopez, F.S.C.B.
- Enlightening the Mystery of Man: Gaudium et spes Fifty Years Later. Editor. (Humanum Academic Press, 2018.)
- "Friends of the Bridegroom: Reflections on Priestly Fatherhood in Light of Contemporary Challenges." Communio: International Catholic Review 45.2 (Summer 2018): 250-92.
- "The Mystery of Beauty: The Immaculate Conception as the Most Sublime Redemption." Communio: International Catholic Review 45.1 (Spring 2018): 93-127.
- Retrieving Origins and the Claim of Multiculturalism. Edited with Javier Prades. (Eerdmans, 2014.)
- Gift and the Unity of Being. (Wipf & Stock, 2013.)
David L. Schindler
- The Generosity of Creation. (Humanum Academic Press, 2018).
- Freedom, Truth, and Human Dignity: The Second Vatican Council's Declaration on Religious Freedom: A New Translation, Redaction History, and Interpretation of Dignitatis Humanae. Co-written with Nicholas J. Healy Jr. (Eerdmans, 2015).
- Ordering Love: Liberal Societies and the Memory of God. (Eerdmans, 2011).
- Being Holy in the World: Theology and Culture in the Thought of David L. Schindler. Edited by Nicholas J. Healy, Jr. and D.C. Schindler (Eerdmans, 2011).