St. Vincent Pallotti is a coed, college preparatory high school of 450 students with a diverse student body, located in the historical district of Laurel, MD. In 2021, Pallotti celebrated its 100th anniversary of providing Catholic education to Laurel and the surrounding regions. As a school, our strengths are our family-like atmosphere and our commitment to providing the widest possible array of curricular and extracurricular programs in a small school environment.
Pallotti is seeking a high school religion teacher who is passionate about the spiritual and intellectual development of students. We are looking for someone who is able to engage with and clearly communicate the faith to a diverse mix of Catholic and non-Catholic students. A candidate should be faithful to both the moral and the social doctrines of the Church, but understand that both of those flow from the saving work of Jesus Christ. Helping our students come into relationship with Christ is paramount in our work.
Pallotti’s religion curriculum includes the following courses:
(i) Foundations of Faith & Scripture
(ii) The Mission of Jesus & the Church
(iii) Church History & Sacraments
(iv) Ethics: Catholic Moral & Social Teaching
We presently have some flexibility in which courses will be taught by our new teacher. Teaching assignments will be based on the candidate’s areas of strength, interest, and experience, balanced with the needs of the department.
The ideal candidate will possess/be:
- Practicing, faithful Catholic (Roman or Eastern rite) with a strong foundation in Catholic theology and ongoing faith formation.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology or a related field; a master’s degree is preferred.
- Understanding of the mission and values of St. Vincent Pallotti High school.
- Collaborate with the Religion Department on campus initiatives.
- Assist Campus Minister in the planning and execution of retreats, monthly masses, prayer services and service trips/opportunities.
- Experience teaching in an independent school setting preferred.
- Genuine enthusiasm, personal warmth, and high energy level.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop positive and professional relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- Excellent active listening, organizational and presentation skills.
- Strong technology skills for use in instruction and professional tasks.
- A desire to be a part of an active, exciting high school environment.
Teaching experience is preferred, but not required. This is a full-time, 10 month position, beginning in late August for the 2023-2024 school year.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to: [email protected]