The March for Life Education and Defense Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that coordinates the world’s largest annual pro-life event and civil protest. Through the annual March in Washington, DC, marches in state capitals across the country, and through being the collective voice of Pro-Life marchers on Capitol Hill, in state capitals, in the Media, and on social media every day of the year, the organization is uniquely positioned to build a culture of life.
The organization is currently seeking to hire a State March Program Coordinator. Based in Washington D.C., a few blocks from the White House, this full-time hybrid position will report to the Director of the State March Program.
As State March Program Coordinator, you will work alongside the Director of the State March Program to strengthen and grow the State March Program in state capitals across the nation. Your primary responsibilities include working with our official State March Partners and other participating organizations, as well as working with the Director of the State March Program to plan and successfully execute State March events, and assist the Vice President of Government Affairs with strategic goals for the State March Program. You will serve as a main point of contact for State March event coordination with State March Partners and state participating organizations.
- Preparing for and participating in weekly planning calls with State March Partners.
- Preparing for, participating, and running State March Committee calls with participating organizations.
- Participate in and provide updates for weekly internal State March meetings.
- Utilizing and maintaining event project management systems to plan and execute State March events.
- Coordinating event materials such as the run-of-show, scripts, site plans, speaker assets etc.
- Researching and communicating with state-based pro-life organizations to coordinate march attendance and participation.
- Serving as a point of contact for questions and information with state pro-life organizations and individual march attendees via email and telephone.
- Managing, communications with and training of volunteers for State Marches.
- Assisting the Director of the State March Program with onsite event management including but not limited to volunteer management, event program assistance, and communications assistance.
- Drafting, preparing, and coordinating promotional march communications with the Communications team, including but not limited to emails, social media posts, print materials, etc.
- Preparing and customizing invitations and acknowledgement letters for participating organizations, volunteers, and speakers.
- Overseeing the state march websites, ensuring the proper information is posted, and updated regularly, coordinating with the Communications Manager and outside vendors.
- Assisting the Director of the State March Program in other State March event-related tasks and communications as assigned, including assisting with licensed state marches.
- Assisting the Vice President of Government Affairs with research projects and other projects to assist in the broader strategic state march goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal management skills.
- Strong project management and event planning skills.
- Accurate, precise, and orderly data management skills.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and 1-2+ years of experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Experience in using Asana project management preferred.
- Passion for building a culture of life.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for (2) references to our Director of Operations at [email protected]. The application deadline is July 24, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. ET.