The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, the archdiocese is seeking a Program Director for Project Rachel Ministry in the Office of Life Issues.
Project Rachel Ministry has been a prominent bilingual ministry in the Archdiocese for over 30 years. This ministry supports men and women who have experienced abortion by providing spiritual healing through retreat programs, monthly reflections, and support groups. The Program Director for Project Rachel Ministry will work closely with the Director of Life Issues to continue to develop a regional model for this ministry while maintaining a central office for this ministry at the Archdiocese. The goal of this new expansion is to increase access to post-abortion healing for all communities across the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Director of Life Issues and Pastoral Ministry and Social Concerns leadership, develop and assess a region-based model for post-abortion healing.
- Recruit priests, deacons, and lay ministers for parish engagement in PRM.
- Supervise Project Rachel Ministry staff and volunteers, host formation meetings, and train parish and regional teams to host support groups and days of reflection.
- Provide support for parish and regional retreat days and support groups by assisting with planning, implementation, and evaluation process for quarterly healing events.
- Direct intake for clients by responding to email and phone inquiries and providing referrals to regional programs.
- Host annual Entering Canaan Diocesan Retreat for all PRM participants.
- Maintain confidential database of participant information and manage referral to counselors outside of the Archdiocese of Washington.
- Serve as an essential part of the mission of the Office of Life Issues, collaborates on shared projects and events, and participates as appropriate
- Support pastors in the recruitment and mentorship of parish leaders
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all ADW policies and procedures.
For the complete job description and to apply, please click here.