The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, the archdiocese is seeking a Program Coordinator for the Office of Cultural Diversity and Outreach.
The Program Coordinator of the Office of Cultural Diversity and Outreach will be responsible to support increasing the vitality of the cultural diversity of the Archdiocese of Washington. Responsibilities include coordination of engagement and outreach programs in support of increasing multiculturalism in the Archdiocese of Washington. The Program Coordinator will support outreach efforts, annual Masses, ethnic celebrations, and formation activities across the archdiocese, with particular attention on those activities that promote engagement and evangelization in the Black Catholic community. The Program Coordinator provides administrative support for the OCDO.
- Supports the creation, socialization, and implementation of the annual OCDO pastoral plan.
- Supports coordination of Archdiocesan liturgies and celebrations that highlight the gifts of our culturally diverse communities.
- Coordinator for parishes, groups and committees that work with culturally diverse communities.
- Coordinator for the OCDO Black Catholic ministry ensuring that the ministry program is robust and in alignment with the annual Pastoral Plan.
- Coordinator for the Black Catholic Committee meetings and activities
- Advocate for, and be a bridge to, resources that improve the spiritual and social needs of Black Catholics and joining those needs with the mission of the entire archdiocese.
- Identify, recommend, and procure resources and materials to support and revitalize Black Catholic ministry.
- Coordinator for ADW participation with local and national organizations that support Black Catholic ministry.
- Support planning and coordination for archdiocesan and national gatherings to support multicultural communities.
- Assist with the development of materials to include brochures and toolkits in support of the Pastoral Plan and other archdiocesan initiatives.
- Prepare material for social media platforms that educate and inform parishioners about cultural diversity within the archdiocese; coordinate postings on social media using a pastoral voice.
- Provide assistance with research, writing and design of educational and pastoral materials.
- Support programs for evangelization and outreach to diverse communities throughout the archdiocese.
- Support the identification of leaders in our ethnic communities, develop mechanisms for ongoing and regular communication.
- Analyze and report annual parish statistical data, related to census and Sacraments, for culturally diverse parishes to enhance advice and support provided to APC leadership and Pastors.
- Coordinate and disseminate monthly OCDO submissions via ADW communications (ie: ADW publications, Parish Briefings, Clergy News, Friday Update and Flock Notes).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding human relations skills and ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle difficult situations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Effective team player with strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Effective multi-tasker
- Able to work with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Must be able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
Education and Experience
- Must be a practicing Catholic who supports the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Theology, Marketing, Communications) or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Three to five years of experience in church ministry or nonprofit program administration capacity.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and social media
Please email Lisa Calla-Russ ([email protected]) with your resume and letter of interest.