In June, the Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities will have an opening for a full-time Program Associate to work at the USCCB. This person needs to be a practicing Catholic who embraces and promotes the authentic teaching of the Catholic Church in every aspect of their work. Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the Program Associate is responsible for the front line / public face of the Secretariat through websites, social media, email, and phone triage. In collaboration with other Secretariat staff, the Program Associate also coordinates programs, tracks media, drafts content, and provides administrative support to other professional staff.
An undergraduate degree or equivalent is required and a background in theology, public policy, bioethics, communications, and/or graphic design is preferred.
Candidates should have:
- Awareness and understanding of, and commitment to, the Catholic Church’s theology, structure, and hierarchy.
- Familiarity with major life-related issues in the U.S.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Adobe Photoshop (or other design programs), online communications tools (Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), and analytics tools (such as Google analytics).
- Familiarity with website content management systems.
- Ability to communicate in ways that are articulate and persuasive.
- Ability to assist/conduct research projects.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Planning, time management, and organizational skills.
Interested candidates can send their resumes to Tom Grenchik at [email protected].