Bethlehem Catholic High School, located in Bethlehem, PA. is seeking is seeking a dynamic and innovative educational leader with a strong commitment to Catholic Education to serve as Principal effective July 1, 2023 for the 2023-24 school year. The Principal serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe, traditional Catholic learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school.
The responsibilities of the Principal include:
- Lead and direct its academic programs and work with the President of Catholic Mission and Identity with the religious programs.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Reports to the Diocesan Superintendent of Catholic Education. Work with the President of Catholic Mission and Identity to guide and instruct the teachers to provide the spiritual atmosphere inherent in a traditional Catholic educational environment. With the President, the principal works in providing authentic Catholic religious education and is committed to the development of the faith life of the students and staff. The principal must provide witness and encourage the school community to express and teach authentic Catholic identity that should pervade the school.
- Nurture both students and teachers to achieve their greatest potential academically, instructionally, and spiritually.
- As the chief educational administrator at the school, the principal is responsible to implement and follow diocesan, local board, and school policies.
- Manage, evaluate, and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values, and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures. Ensure compliance with all laws, Diocesan, and civil regulations.
- The Principal in working with the Board of Directors is responsible for the external affairs of the school to include ensuring sufficient resources, sound fiscal management, long-term financial stability, and facilities improvements through direct oversight of business affairs, operations, and advancement programs.
- Supervise all aspects of the school’s operation, including facilities maintenance/operations, food service, transportation, fund-raising, enrollment, and tuition.
- Represent the school to all its constituents, including faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, neighbor, and business communities.
· Practicing Catholic with a commitment to the principles of Catholic education
- Master’s Degree in Education or School Administration
- Principal certification or ability to obtain within 1 year
- 5 years of experience in school administration
- Demonstrated successful budgetary and fiscal management
- Leadership and public relations ability
Please submit application, resume, background clearances, appropriate certifications, salary history with cover letter by Monday, May 22, 2023 to:
Bethlehem Catholic High School
Attn: Mr. Tom Donchez
2133 Madison Avenue
Bethlehem, PA 18017-4699
Or email the same to: [email protected]