The President is the Chief Executive Officer of the School. The ideal candidate is a
practicing Catholic who is dedicated to the high standards of Catholic Education expressed in the
mission of Cathedral High School. Cathedral High School administration is structured on the
President/Principal model in which the Principal oversees the overall day to day management of
the school and the President shall have the responsibility to:
Catholic Mission and Identity
1. Collaborate with the Principal to ensure that the School’s operations and policies respect and follow the principles, teachings, and doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church and the Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter.
2. Assist the Board of Directors in ongoing assessment and development of the mission of the School.
3. Oversee the overall development and enhancement of the faith community and the integration of faith in all aspects of school life in close collaboration with the Principal.
4. Ensure that students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni/ae and benefactors are aware of and involved in the Catholic mission and identity of the School.
5. Articulate and promote the mission and Catholic identity of the School in all areas.
6. Cultivate and maintain a good working relationship with the Pastor of the Cathedral of Our Lady of Walsingham.
1. Supervise the Principal, who is charged with integrating the philosophy, mission, vision, and the overall management of the school.
2. Supervise the Principal in collaboration with the Superintendent on the academic performance of the school according to the philosophy, mission, and vision of the School, and the accreditation standards of TCCBED.
3. Supervise policies related to the selection, employment, control, and discharge of all nonfaculty employees who are not under the supervision of the Principal.
4. Ensure that policies are promulgated and implemented concerning academic affairs.
5. Oversee and consult with the Principal on the employment, supervision, evaluation, and retention of qualified, experienced faculty, according to bylaws and in compliance with civil law.
1. Ensure that policies are promulgated and implemented concerning student affairs according to the mission, vision, and philosophy of the School.
2. In collaboration with the Principal, review contracts for faculty and staff.
For the complete job description, application instructions, and details about the school, please click here.