The Catholic Diocese of Columbus, located at 197 East Gay Street, Columbus, is looking for a qualified individual to join its staff. The PFYC Coordinator coordinate, direct and monitor functions related to parish catechetical programs for the youth, RCIA, youth ministry, and family ministry. Mediate relationship with pastors, parish staff, and best models in youth catechesis, RCIA, family ministry, and youth ministry, especially the Franciscan University of Steubenville’s Catechetical Institute. Use personal judgment in carrying out routine duties and responsibilities of the Office.
Qualifications and Job Responsibilities for the position: The ideal candidate should understand the Catholic perspective, be self-motivated, take initiative, and the ability to plan and meet deadlines. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Mediating relationships: assist pastors and parish staff in connecting to best models and practices for parish catechesis and youth ministry in their parish missionary disciple formation strategies. Chief among our partner relationship is Franciscan University and Damascus. This responsibility entails continually searching for better practices in parish catechesis and youth ministry and best models for parishes to integrate. Regularly meets with pastors and youth ministers and parish catechetical teams to help in parish strategies and connecting parish staff to training and support in adoption of new and effective models.
2. Curriculum: work with the Office of Catholic Schools’ specialist on catechetical curriculum to develop a modified version of the graded course of study for parish programming. Develop, promote coordinate, and attend special needs events in diocese and in state; serve as a resource for parishes and schools.
3. Certification: Mediate the relationship between the diocese and the Catechetical Institute at Franciscan University for all certification needs for parish catechists and for ongoing training for youth ministers. Work with Damascus on the ongoing training of youth ministers in the diocese.
4. Assessment: develop new and improved metrics for the evaluation of parish catechesis and youth ministry.
5. Promoting Youth Events: Works with FUS, Damascus, parishes, and diocesan high schools to promote youth ministry events in the diocese and also at the national and international level, i.e. World Youth Day and NCYC.
6. Media Content Advice: Works with the entire Evangelization Office and the Media Evangelization team to create and identify appropriate content for the Proclaim and Behold platforms and for social media in general.
7. Marriage and Family Life Office: Work with the Marriage and Family Life Office on family ministry, especially identifying and promoting best practices and models for: divorced/remarried care, annulment accompaniment, family evangelization, raising Catholic children, miscarriage care, widow/widower care, dating, death and grieving, baptismal preparation, adoption, and same sex attraction.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Catechetics and youth ministry experience.
Experience: Two years related experience is required with some experience in youth ministry.
For additional details, please click here.