The Marriage Catechumenate Coordinator of the Archdiocese of New York Office of Family Life will work directly with the Director to plan, organize, implement, manage, and update the marriage catechumenate process.
THIS POSITION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Ensuring that the marriage catechumenate process is in place for the Archdiocese of New York. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the development and successful implementation of the Marriage Catechumenate Process, ensuring that all facets of the process are developed, communicated, and successfully executed and maintained.
- Coordinating the documentation of all policies and procedures for every marriage-related program
- Seeking innovative ways to promote the marriage catechumenate process.
- Working with the Director and staff developing and managing a plan for venues for various gatherings
- Directing the implementation and management of appropriate registration and management systems
- Along with the Director and/or other designated staff, interviewing and vetting all presenter couples and marriage-related volunteers
- Assisting with necessary training (clergy, laity, etc.).
- Analyzing the data and recommending appropriate changes to improve process efficiency
- Completing in a timely manner other tasks as assigned
REQUIRED FAITH-BASED KNOWLEDGE/COMMITMENT
- A practicing Catholic who accepts and is willing to abide by and give personal witness to authentic Church teachings, particularly on issues relating to the Office’s mission to promote respect for human life, family and marriage, chastity, and human sexuality
- Ability to articulate the core teachings of the Catholic Faith as handed on through Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the Magisterium of the Church. Good knowledge of Church teaching particularly on issues regarding marriage and family, the theology of the body, and life issues.
- Able to support the Family Life Office’s mission to respect all human life, in particular the most vulnerable
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Studies, or Education. Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Strong technology skills with proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook) and project management software
- Ability to work with Data Systems and Programming personnel to create and use database
- Ability to work within the complex ecclesial structure of the Catholic Church.
- Ability to work collaboratively within diverse groups to build teams, develop and maintain relationships, negotiate decisions, solve complex people-centric problems, and resolve conflict.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Be willing to travel throughout the archdiocese and to collaborate with departments and agencies within the chancery, the archdiocese and beyond.
Compensation range for this position is: $65-75k.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
NOTE: The Archdiocese of New York’s Office of Family Life is also hiring for the following positions: Married Couples Evangelization Coordinator and Family Life Initiatives Coordinator. Information about both positions can be found on the Archdiocesan Careers page.