The Board of Directors for Mary Seat of Wisdom Academy is seeking a Founding Headmaster to launch the first Catholic classical high school in the Wichita metropolitan area. Mary Seat of Wisdom Academy will open to students in the 2023-2024 school year serving grade 9, with plans to expand through grade 12 in the subsequent years.
Working with the Board of Directors, the Founding Headmaster will begin work in February 2023 to
lead the efforts to build the school community, fundraise, hire staff, develop curriculum, and meet all
day-to-day needs of the school as required to bring it to a point of stable continuity.
2022-2023 Remaining School Year
● Review student applications, interview families, and travel to Wichita as needed (amount of travel can be adjusted to accommodate existing school year commitments)
● Finalize curriculum plans with the Board of Directors
● Interview and hire academic faculty, with the Board providing support as needed
● Provide activity-related status reports at regular Board meetings
2023-2024 First School Year and Beyond
● Lead the school and inspire students, faculty, and the larger school community to fulfill the mission of MSW Academy – to more deeply know, love, and glorify God through Christ and His Church
● Manage school operations, including academic, admissions, financial, personnel, regulatory, and facilities as needed
● Teach 1–2 courses per academic year
● Coordinate the establishment and enforcement of all school policies
● Foster a school community through a common spiritual, intellectual, moral, and physical life
● Spearhead fundraising efforts and develop logistical plans to sustain and grow the school
● Hire, manage and coach school staff, observing teachers at defined intervals, documenting results, providing feedback to educate teachers in their craft, and promoting unity of the staff through a shared study of truth, goodness and beauty
● Provide financial, operational, academic, and activity-related status reports at regular meetings with the Board of Directors
The ideal Founding Headmaster possesses a deep intellectual life, marked by a love of learning in
their personal life and a desire to aid others in their pursuit of wisdom and virtue. The Founding
Headmaster will have the ability to discern ends that fulfill the nature and purpose of MSW Academy,
and to chart a course to reach those ends. The Founding Headmaster must demonstrate a strong
understanding and love of classical education along with the prudence to make short-term and
long-range decisions in order to build a sustainable program. As a school founder, the Headmaster
will be a dynamic leader who can both paint a vision and execute on plans that excite benefactors
and engage the school community while developing a strong and lasting school culture.
For more information, please click here.