Catalyst Catholic is seeking a full-time Evangelization Outreach Coordinator to engage the middle and high school youth of the New Albany Deanery. The primary role of the Outreach Coordinator is to work with and support adults within the New Albany Deanery who wish to accompany youth as they become active Disciples of Christ.
The Evangelization Outreach Coordinator provides primary leadership for the design and implementation of deanery-based ministry including training adult leaders and volunteers, implementing deanery-wide ministry events, and providing ongoing support to parish leaders in the area of youth ministry. Successful candidates must be able to minister to the ministers of local parishes.
- Lead collaboration among New Albany Deanery parishes, parish staff members, and volunteers.
- Recruit, train, and encourage volunteers in accordance with Safe Parish guidelines and best practices in youth ministry.
- Plan, develop, and implement a schedule of ministry opportunities for the youth of the New Albany Deanery including but not limited to retreats, mission and service opportunities, small groups, and community-building events.
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate available data as it pertains to youth ministry within the New Albany Deanery for programs effectiveness
- Communicate with and respond to inquiries from New Albany Deanery parish staff members, youth, parents, and members of the community.
- Assist staff members with weekly financial responsibilities including deposits, check requests, and reconciliation of accounts.
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram).
- Provide the executive director with timely program activity reports, budget status, and evaluations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein as requested by the Executive Director.
Education, Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or youth ministry certifications desired, but not required.
- 3+ years of experience desired in parish ministry fields such as youth ministry and/or faith formation of youth desired.
For more information, please contact Michelle Fessel.