The Newman Association of Montreal Inc. invites applications for the position of Director of the Newman Centre of McGill University. The mandate is 3 years (renewable) and begins on September 1, 2023.
The Newman Centre is the home of the Roman Catholic Chaplaincy at McGill University under the aegis of the Newman Association of Montreal Inc. It is the hub of Roman Catholic spiritual, intellectual, and social life on campus; a vibrant and international community of university students and faculty.
The Director reports to the Board Chair of the Newman Association of Montreal and is responsible for the operations of the Newman Centre, directs the administrative staff and works collegially with the Chaplain, the Newman Centre Administrative Coordinator, the Manager of Student Affairs as well as the Executive of the Newman Catholic Students’ Society.
- Maintain a regular presence at the Centre during business hours and manage year-long operations of the Newman Centre.
- Establishing priorities for development of the intellectual, social, and spiritual lives of students, faculty, and staff
- Determine staff roles and delegate responsibilities, and oversee hiring
- Maintain oversight, development, and implementation of the Newman Fellowship/residence programme with Manager of Student Affairs
- Support mentorship activities for students and the chaplaincy
- Oversee building & property maintenance
- Chair the program committee in collaboration with the Newman Institute for Catholic Studies (NICS)
- Oversee budgeting and programming of activities at the Newman Centre including those held jointly with NICS
- Maintain relations with key partners, community outreach with the Archdiocese and other Catholic organizations and communications and the Newman Association Board Newman Centre of McGill University – 3484 Peel St, Montreal, Quebec H3A 3T6
- Spearhead fundraising activities to support the activities of the Newman Centre including the development and maintenance of alumni relations
For a full description and application instructions, please click here.