Donnelly College, located in the heart of Kansas City, Kansas, is a Catholic institution of higher education founded by the Benedictine Sisters of Mount St. Scholastica and sponsored by the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. The College was established in 1949 to meet the needs of recent immigrants and the urban core with a special concern for those who might not otherwise be served. Today, Donnelly continues that tradition by providing the most accessible and affordable Catholic college education in the country. Our academic community joyfully participates in the mission of Jesus Christ in our time by making the love of God tangible in our world. Through a strong core curriculum and general education, Donnelly College offers programs leading to bachelor’s and associate degrees and certificates. To find out more, please visit www.donnelly.edu.
The Director of Mission/Assistant Professor of Theology advances the Catholic identity, Benedictine charism, and diocesan heritage of Donnelly College and seeks to integrate the College’s mission into its academic programs and institutional operations and practices. Working with the President’s Office and in collaboration with other departments, the Director of Mission forms students, faculty, staff, leadership, and alumni in the foundational mission and identity of the College. Having a thorough knowledge of the Catholic
Church’s vision of higher education as expressed in Ex corde Ecclesiae and The Application of Ex corde Ecclesiae for the United States, the Director of Mission integrates this vision into Donnelly’s unique institutional mission empowering the campus community to live its Catholic identity in joyful fidelity to the Catholic Church and in loving witness to the world.
• Work with the President’s Office and departmental directors to integrate Catholic identity into the institutional operations and practices of the College
• Collaborate with other departments on mission-oriented programming and events
• Provide bi-annual onboarding for new staff and faculty regarding the mission and Catholic identity of the College
• Provide professional development for faculty on the Catholic Church’s vision of higher education
• Steward the Catholic intellectual tradition through guest lectures, seminars, and conferences
• Promote the mission of the College to constituents, benefactors, and the wider public
• Teach one to three courses per semester within the theology department or academic field of qualification
• Oversee campus ministry programs, activities, volunteers, and staff
• Manage mission office budget including campus ministry
• Assist chaplain in providing for the spiritual needs of the Donnelly community
• Organize annual Convocation Mass of the Holy Spirit at the beginning of the academic year and the Invocation and Commendation ceremony at the closing of the academic year
• Bring Donnelly into alignment with the requirements of The Cardinal Newman Society’s Newman Guide for recommended Catholic colleges
• Teach introductory and/or upper-level courses in theology, such as, RS 225 Foundations of Theology or RS 301 Comparative Religions
• Communicate regularly with the president and dean of the college.
• Manage course content and keep an updated gradebook on our Learning Management System (Canvas) and record grades in the Student Information System (Empower)
• Attend committee, council, and community meetings when required
For more information and to apply, please click here.