The Director of Faith Formation serves the teaching ministry of the Bishop of Gaylord. The director is responsible for the development, implementation, and overseeing of diocesan faith formation policies; and for identifying, training, and supporting parishes and volunteers necessary to support the plan. The Director of Faith Formation collaborates with pastors, parish coordinators of religious education, catechists, Catholic school principals, teachers, deacons, pastoral administrators and other colleagues regarding diocesan policies for evangelization and catechesis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with the Bishop in the formation and implementation of strategy, planning, and organizational development to support the diocesan mission and priorities.
• Supports pastoral effectiveness and success in the pursuit of evangelization, Catholic identity, and stewardship in parish ministry and development especially through pastoral councils, development of lay personnel and parish planning resources.
• Monitors progress of all certificate programs for all ministries including the Diaconate.
• Develops goals, objectives, and implements strategies for the religious education program.
• Collaborates with and maintains a friendly relationship with the pastor, other parish staff members, catechetical staff and Diocesan Catholic Schools Office to establish goals, objectives and strategies for the religious education program.
• Plans and collaborates Safe Environment programs, such as The Circle of Grace, with our parishes and schools in conjunction with their Safe Environment Coordinator.
• Creates, plans and assesses effective catechetical programs and catechist certification offerings within the diocese and maintains records of catechist certification for parishes.
• Provides knowledge and skill set in the following areas: Evangelization, Adult Faith Formation, RCIA – Rite of Christian Initiation of Adult, Adult Confirmation, Parish Catechetical Leaders and Catechist Formation.
• Monitors, supports, and implements evangelization programs throughout the diocese.
• Serves as diocesan spokesperson for the Center for Catholic Studies, to serve as chair of the Board of Directors for the Center for Catholic Studies.
• Conducts program evaluations ensuring needs are being met and adjusts as necessary.
• Provides faith formation opportunities for parents of children in the parishes.
• Travels throughout the diocese as needed to meet with parishes and schools.
• Plans and administers the department budget.
For more information, please click here.