The Diocese of Madison, under the leadership of Bishop Donald J. Hying, encompasses 102 parishes in the 11-county area of South-western Wisconsin. The Office of Evangelization and Catechesis (OEC) strives to ensure that every individual in the Diocese is graciously invited every day to meet the person of Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, face to face, and be changed by him.
About the role: Seeking a diocesan leader who is passionate about evangelization and catechesis to join the team in the OEC.
- Promote and support the overall vision for Evangelization and Catechesis in the Diocese in service to Bishop Hying
- Support pastors and parishes in furthering the mission of evangelization throughout the Diocese at the parish level
- Support pastors, parishes, and parish staff in catechetical programming for children and adults—including catechetical formation programs & Totus Tuus
- Provide formation and support to parish & school staff in the diocese (spiritual and professional development including catechetical certification)
- Provide formation and support to parishes for sacramental preparation (Baptism, RCIA, adult Confirmation, first Communion and Reconciliation)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ and a deep love for His Church
- Be a practicing Catholic who knows, believes and acts consistently in accord with the doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church
- Cultivate an intentional life of prayer and deepening conversion
- Possess a strong personal sense of mission in regards to the work of evangelization and catechesis
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Theology or related field (or equivalent experience with the minimum of Bachelor’s degree)
- Have 5+ years of related experience in parish, ministry, or apostolate setting
- Have practical working knowledge of theology, catechesis, canon law, spiritual development and formation of children and adults
Send a copy of Resume and cover letter with three professional references to Michelle Nilsson at [email protected]