The Archdiocese of Indianapolis is seeking a full time Coordinator of Evangelization & Discipleship at our downtown Indianapolis office. This is an onsite role, Monday – Thursday (Fridays off).
The Coordinator of Evangelization & Discipleship provides ministerial leadership, collaboratively, to leaders of various ministries at the parish, cluster, deanery and archdiocesan level in pursuing key evangelization-related goals.
This team member provides ministerial leadership for all pastors and parish life coordinators regarding evangelization efforts in parishes. The Coordinator of Evangelization & Discipleship ministers to the ministers by helping to train parish evangelization teams to go out on mission, reaching those in the pews and those outside the Church walls, including the establishment of an evangelization contact person for each parish.
The Coordinator promotes the use of small discipleship groups in parishes as a way to ensure that the truths of the Gospel are shared and experienced. Also included in these job responsibilities are establishing programs for use in parish life to reach out in particular ways to those who do not participate in a church community or who seek the fullness of faith.
One additional area of responsibility is directing the Totus Tuus program for the Archdiocese. All work is done in a supportive team environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to articulate the ministry of evangelization to leaders such that they can implement it in their respective settings.
- A thorough understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church and the directives of the Magisterium in the area of evangelization.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, especially in the areas of project management, written resource development and financial management.
Education, Training and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in theology or a related field is required. A master’s degree in one of these fields is preferred.
- Experience with substantial written project completion and implementation is required.
- At least 3 years of experience in evangelization, parish ministry and/or teaching is required.
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish is preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to: [email protected].