As a new Catholic high school in the greater Houston area, set to open to an inaugural
freshmen class in the fall of 2022, we are looking for creative, pioneer-spirit founding faculty members.
The faculty position for Biology is responsible for teaching two sections of freshmen Biology and
developing science curriculum at Cathedral High School. The class includes a lecture and laboratory
component. A Master’s degree or higher is required, in addition to teaching experience. Experience in
classical liberal arts education is preferred.
Curriculum and Instructional Responsibilities
1. Teach assigned classes and maintain classroom discipline.
2. Implement the approved classical curriculum.
3. Maintain a positive and virtuous environment in the classroom.
4. Develop a fair and consistent grading procedure in accordance with the guidelines of Cathedral High School.
5. Assign meaningful homework and hold students accountable for the homework.
6. Develop and promptly grade and return tests, quizzes, and/or other evaluative instruments that measure student learning.
7. Provide assistance for students having difficulty, communicating often and effectively with the Learning Enrichment Center faculty and staff.
General Supervision Responsibilities
1. Submit attendance in each class.
2. Maintain good order and cleanliness in the classrooms.
3. Supervise students or substitute classes as assigned.
4. Supervise a class and/or group of students for daily Holy Mass.
5. Enforce Cathedral High School policies regarding student behavior and dress code.
6. Follow all procedures for emergency drills or situations.
7. Participate in and supervise all House System events and activities.
1. Update grades weekly.
2. Keep parents/guardians informed of student progress in accordance with guidelines established by the administrative team.
3. Check email daily and return parent/guardian emails on or before the next business day.
4. Maintain regular communication with staff of the Learning Enrichment Center regarding student learning needs and progress.
5. Attend all academic functions of Cathedral High School: faculty meetings, academic showcases, parent conferences, parent nights, in-service days, baccalaureate, commencement, faculty retreats, open house, occasional admissions events, and other “all school” occasions as required by the administrative team.
6. Maintain a professional, positive, and constructive relationship with colleagues, administrators, and staff.
1. Attend daily Holy Mass with the Cathedral High School community.
2. Foster the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Cathedral High School.
3. Continue professional development by participating in classes, lectures, workshops, conferences, and the like on a regular basis.
4. Actively support the faculty formation program at Cathedral High School.
5. Consciously dedicate attention and energy to improving student participation in daily Holy Mass and other liturgical prayer or spiritual exercises.
6. Respect and care for the equipment and facilities of Cathedral High School.
7. Maintain appropriate certification and professional education according to discipline or grade level.
8. Provide appropriate lesson plans for substitutes in the event of an absence.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and references to Sr. Thomas Aquinas at
[email protected] No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview
will be notified.
For a full description of the position and the school, please