The University of St. Thomas (UST), a private Catholic University committed to the liberal arts and the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, located in Houston, Texas, near the vibrant central business district, Texas Medical Center, and museum district, is seeking applicants for a full-time Associate Professor of John Paul II Studies in the St. John Paul II Institute. This position reports directly to the Director of the Institute.
Start Date: August 15, 2023
The candidate will teach, research duties and develop programs at the new St. John Paul II Institute at the University of St. Thomas. The programs include MA and Certificate programs in John Paul II Studies and an undergraduate minor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities for this position includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Teaching 4-5 classes per year
- Active scholarship and publication
- Course and program development
- Leading and teaching study trips to Poland
- Promoting the Institute among Polish Americans in Houston and the United States
- Coordinate contacts with scholars and Institutions worldwide with an interest in Karol Wojtyła/ John Paul II, especially in Poland
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- PhD degree in philosophy or Theology with expertise in Thomistic personalism and knowledge of Karol Wojtyła and John Paul II.
- Submit a letter indicating your interest in applying for the position of the Associate Professor of John Paul II Studies at the University of St. Thomas.
To apply, please click here.