The Institute for the Transformation of Catholic Education (ITCE) at The Catholic University of America seeks a highly qualified team member to serve as Administrative Assistant for the new Program of K-12 Catholic School Accreditation.
Through the Program of K-12 Catholic School Accreditation, the ITCE at The Catholic University of America has the potential to renew and transform K-12 Catholic education nationally by promoting and providing standards of excellence founded on a Catholic philosophy of education and the Church’s rich educational tradition. The Administrative Assistant for the Program assists the Director of Catholic School Accreditation and the Associate Director of Strategy and Membership in the day-to-day operations of the Program.
Position is a termed position, eligible for annual renewal contingent on funding availability. The position begins July 2022.
• Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
• Answers phone calls, schedules meetings, and supports visitors.
• Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
• Makes travel arrangements for office staff such as booking flights, cars, and hotel or restaurant reservations.
• Comfortable and confident in working in an office environment while supporting a remote staff by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
• Promotes a faithful and grace-filled image of ITCE through timely, responsive, polite, and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
• Assists Program of Accreditation staff with requisitions for purchase orders, direct pay requests, and P-Card management.
• Maintains inventory supplies by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
• Updates, edits, and maintains the program’s website.
• Attends meetings as requested by the Director and Associate Director to take detailed meeting minutes.
• Assists with additional special projects and duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in customer service, office support, or administrative assistance is preferred.
• Knowledge of event planning is a plus.
• Committed to the mission of Catholic education and the vision and philosophy of the ITCE.
• Experience in a professional office setting and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines for the smooth operations of the office.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• The initiative and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Integrity, discretion, and a professional demeanor.
• Displays problem-solving skills.
• Excellent working knowledge of computer applications, including Google Applications, MS Office, online meeting platforms such as Zoom, and willingness to learn new computer skills.
• Experience with marketing, social media, electronic newsletters, graphic design, and website design and maintenance.
Mission of the Institute for the Transformation of Catholic Education
The Institute for the Transformation of Catholic Education (ITCE) at The Catholic University of America advances the distinctive excellence of Catholic education as a gift for each person and for society. We foster a vision of education and formation that is rooted in Christ, draws from the great treasury of the Church’s tradition, and aims at the full flourishing of the human person in wisdom, virtue, and holiness. We inspire and promote the spiritual, intellectual, cultural, and operational renewal and transformation of our nation’s PK-12 Catholic schools through teacher and leader degree and professional development programs, school accreditation, and research.
Please apply online and attach the following:
1. A cover letter;
2. A current resume;
3. The names and contact information for three references.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Sister Mary Agnes Greiffendorf, O.P., Ph.D., Director of the Institute for the Transformation of Catholic Education, at [email protected].