This position reports to the Rector and Director of Operations. The receptionist/ Administrative Assistant position is a critical part of the parish environment welcoming new parishioners and being the first voice of outreach to those who call for Sacramental needs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Answer parish phones, receive parishioners, visitors, and deliveries.
• Process new parishioner family registration forms and welcome packets.
• Schedule Masses and write Mass cards.
• Coordinate apostolate events and event set-ups
• Act as liaison for technical support for other staff members
• Order office supplies
• Must be a practicing Catholic faithful to the teachings of the Magisterium
• A 2-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or more preferred
• Must enjoy working with people, have a cheerful disposition and be a team player
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
This position is a full time non-exempt/hourly position with benefits. The office hours are 9-5pm Monday through Friday.
Send applications or inquiries to: [email protected]
About the Employer
Our parish, a Minor Basilica, was founded in 1795 in historic Old Town Alexandria and is the oldest Catholic parish in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We are part of the Diocese of Arlington and have over 3,000 registered families.