The Acting Director of Campus Ministry provides vision and administrative leadership to the Center for Campus Ministry and reports to the Vice President for Student Life & Dean of Students. They will serve the students and staff in Campus Ministry to provide spiritual support and opportunities to grow in faith to the entire student body. The Acting Director of Campus Ministry is a fixed term full time role, with appointment expected for the duration of the FY’24 academic year (07/01/23 to 06/30/24).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a comprehensive campus ministry program in the areas of faith and leadership formation of students.
- Facilitate opportunities for spiritual development for Catholic students and students from other faith traditions.
- Manage and utilize Campus Ministry budget, office space, and supplies to support office ministries and events.
- Supervise Assistant Director and Campus Ministry Coordinator / Administrative Assistant and any other support staff to provide support and guidance in completion of administrative tasks in support of Campus Ministry.
- Evaluate the quality of campus ministry programs and services as well as request student feedback in the evaluation.
- Supervise student leaders and groups within Campus Ministry to provide formation empowering them to offer ministries and events on campus.
- Collaborate with current university-wide initiatives, including Mount Inclusive Excellence and social justice initiatives.
- Supervise and actively support retreat programs for students (e.g. Mountward Bound, semester retreats, and RCIA retreat).
- Supervise FOCUS team director to provide vision, integration, and support for FOCUS missionaries in their apostolate.
- Coordinate planning of events for the University calendar in cooperation with other offices and departments.
- Supervise Pastoral Field Education (PFE) seminarians to guide them in their support of the various non-liturgical offerings of Campus Ministry (RCIA, fellowship, men’s ministry, etc.) and coordinate liturgical support from seminarians with University Chaplain.
- Coordinate with seminarian Sport Chaplains to ensure the integration of their apostolate into the general non-liturgical ministry for students.
- Approve scheduling of all liturgical events coordinated by Campus Chaplain.
- Attend Directors Meetings in the Division of Student Life and serve as a member of the Student Life leadership team.
- Participate and serve on campus wide committees as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of information including, but not limited to proprietary information, student, and employee personal information, etc.
For the full job description, please click here.